More than one member in your organization? Consider Group Billing Benefits
Description: As you're wrapping up engagements, take some time to get feedback from your clients. You can improve your relationships with clients and identify opportunities to improve your firm processes using the Engagement Review Tool
from the PCPS Trusted Client Advisor Toolbox.
Please post the following language alongside the tool & description: This tool is an example of the turnkey practice management tools and resources PCPS delivers. PCPS is an add-on firm membership section within the AICPA. A PCPS firm membership at only $35 per CPA, up to a max of $700 per firm, is a great investment for a broad range of practice management resources. Find out if you are already a PCPS member or register for a virtual tour to learn more.
2019 Sunset Review
Latest Update - On April 16, the Sunset Bill (HB 1520) was presented to a Texas Senate committee by Senator Kirk Watson (D-Austin). This relatively early committee hearing for the bill is a very encouraging sign for its eventual passage. | Also see: White paper on the Sunset process
Wayfair Update - HB 2153, the legislation to deal with the South Dakota v. Wayfair decision, passed the Texas House on April 11 and has now been sent to the Senate. There is a companion bill in the Senate (SB 70), but the Senate will likely move forward with the House bill. Read an analysis of the bill. (4-16-19) | View more details about Wayfair.
Energy Indicators (4-1-19)
Updated IRS Rule: Nondisclosure of Reportable Transactions (3-26-19) [Also see: TD 9853 ]
Regulatory Comments by the Federal Tax Policy Committee
- IRS Guidance on Special Enforcement Matters Under the Centralized Partnership Audit Regime
- The Importance of Input from Tax Professionals to the IRS Strategic Plan
- Serious Concerns about Changes to Transcript Delivery Announced in IR-2018-171
- Supports S. 3278, Protecting Taxpayers Act 202, Regulation of Tax Return Preparers
- Supports IRS Commissoner Nominee
- Partnership Audit Provisions from the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015
- Comments on Tiered Partnerships