Goal: Provide consistent and affordable CPE to members
- Offered 72 hours of local CPE.
- The summer accounting and auditing course almost double budgeted revenue and had a 73% increase in attendance over last year.
- Partnered with TXCPA CPE Foundation to offer S Corporations: Key Issues, Compliance and Tax Strategies.
- Offered three live Federal Tax Updates with a net revenue for each event. Almost 300 chapter members attended all three events.
- Partnered with TXCPA to advertise the COVID-19 Virtual Leadership Conference. Twenty-six TXCPAET members attended the conference.
Goal: Provide accounting scholarships to students from East Texas or students attending East Texas universities.
- Held annual Tal Glenn Memorial Golf Tournament on October 21 at The Cascades in Tyler.
- The money raised at the tournament is used to provide scholarships for outstanding accounting students from East Texas or attending East Texas universities.
- Since inception in 1996, TXCPA East Texas has provided almost $300,000 in scholarships.
- The tournament is a continued success and this year there wasa 25% increase in funds raised.
- Twenty-two teams participated in the golf tournament versus 18 teams last year.
- In March, the educational fund voted to award $26,000 in scholarships to 16 deserving accounting students at five local universities.
Goal: Maintain strong chapter presence at the state level.
- An electronic newsletter is sent monthly to members with news of programs, events and recognizing chapter members and their involvement in chapter and state activities.
- Representation on TXCPA Board of Directors.
- Kathryn Hesskew, Kathy Kapka (past chairman), Kelly Noe, Keith Pfeffer, Royce Read and Veronda Willis are serving terms as a TXCPA Director.
- Wayne Barton, Christy Gibson, Mike Thomas and Laura Williams are serving terms as a TXCPA Director-at-Large.
- Eight chapter members attended the Annual Meeting of Members and nine chapter members attended the Midyear Board of Directors and Members Meeting.
- Kathy Kapka is serving a term on the AICPA Council.
- James Bland was recognized as a 50-year Fellow, Ann Tague was recognized as an Honorary Member and Kathy Kapka was recognized as a Chairman’s Special Honoree at TXCPA’s Annual Meeting of Members.
- 16 chapter members serve on 19 TXCPA committees.
Goal: Promote Young CPA involvement.
- Young CPAs Committee partnered with Tyler Young Professionals Network for mixers.
- Young CPAs Committee plans and executes Clays for CPAs. The 4th Annual Sporting Clay Shoot was planned for May but has been rescheduled until July 31 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Heather Sanders recognized as TXCPA Rising Star.
- Heather Sanders attended the 2019 Leadership Development Institute.