Deadline: March 8, 2019
East Texas CPA Educational Fund, Inc.
CRITERIA AND APPLICATION FORM
An applicant for the scholarship must:
1. Be a junior, senior, or graduate level, full-time college student. (A sophomore may apply if the award is to be made at the start of the junior year.)
2. Have an overall GPA and accounting GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all college work undertaken.
3. Have completed 9 hours of accounting (principles of accounting can count toward the 9 hours).
4. Be either (a) a permanent resident of the area served by the East Texas Chapter TSCPA or (b) attend, or plan to attend during the scholarship period, a college in the East Texas Chapter area. The East Texas Chapter area is composed of the following 20 counties: Anderson, Angelina, Cherokee, Freestone, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Houston, Marion, Nacogdoches, Panola, Rains, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, Smith, Upshur, Van Zandt, and Wood.
5. Be a declared accounting major.
The award shall be for a period of one academic year, payable one half in the fall semester and one half in the spring semester. The recipient will need only to provide evidence of continued qualification for the spring semester award. Scholarship payments are mailed directly to the educational institution the recipient is attending.
The recipient of the award may apply for succeeding awards as long as the criteria are met.
Winners will be selected on the basis of grade history and the ability to make a contribution to the accounting profession. The judgment of the selection committee will be final.
A full-time undergraduate student is one who is enrolled for a minimum of 24 semester credit hours from June 2019 through May 2020. A full-time graduate student is one who is enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours in each semester of enrollment. A junior is a student having 60 or more semester credit hours.
Completed applications should be either mailed to the address below or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received by the East Texas Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs no later than March 8, 2019. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately by the recommender but must be received by the deadline. Incomplete and/or late applications may not be considered.
East Texas Chapter, TSCPA
P.O. Box 5100, Suite 230
Tyler, TX 75712
Additional information may be obtained by calling the chapter office at 903-526-1040.