TXCPA Southeast Texas, a chapter of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, serves members residing in Chambers, Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Newton, Orange, and Tyler counties.
Prior to 1951, CPAs in the current Southeast Chapter area were associated with the Houston Chapter. The Beaumont Chapter met for the first time on May 31, 1951, at the Crosby Hotel for the purpose of electing officers and directors.
0. H. Maschek was elected chairman, Herman F. Mazur, vice-chairman, and F. H. Koshkin, secretary-treasurer. The following members were elected to serve as directors: Frank C. Taylor, Malcolm Vaughn, W. J. Hamby and Marion Munro.
The Chapter held its first regular meeting at 7 p.m. September 20, 1951, with 14 regular members and six guests present. Among the guests present was a new CPA, William Tim Edgar.
In July 1975, the chapter name was changed to Southeast Texas.