Disaster Recovery Information
Disaster Recovery - Tax Resources
Thank you to the Louisiana Society of CPAs for generously sharing resources they gathered.
- 7508A-1 Regulations – Postponement of certain tax-related deadlines by reasons of a federally declared disaster or terroristic or military action. (Source:
Cornell University Law School, Legal Information Institute)
- Regulation 1.165-1 – Losses (Source: Cornell University Law School, Legal Information Institute)
- Regulation 1.165-7 – Casualty losses (Source: Cornell University Law School, Legal Information Institute)
- Regulation 1.165-11T – Election in respect of losses attributable to a disaster. (Source: Cornell University Law School, Legal Information Institute)
- Texas Hurricane Center - Comprehensive current information. | Road conditions - DriveTexas.org
- Get Help - American Red Cross (800) HELP-NOW | Find open shelters
- 2-1-1 Texas is a free help line answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 2-1-1 Texas is connected to nearly every service in the state, including government agencies, food pantries, career
services, after-school programs, counseling services and many other state and local resources. During any statewide disaster response, a special Option # 4 is activated to point callers directly to disaster-related information. When Option # 4
is activated for disaster response, that is the first option that the caller hears.
- What’s Next Now That the Disaster Has Passed? (August
- Texas Attorney General - Price Gouging, Scams, and Resources for Help
- Texas Health and Human Services - Emergency benefits + Recovery safety tips
- U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA Houston District office | SBA San Antonio District office
- Picking Up the Pieces After a Disaster
Disaster Recovery and Resilience Webcast Replay
CPE Hours: 1
If you missed the disaster recovery webcast hosted by TXCPA and CalCPA earlier this month, you can now access the FREE, on-demand replay! This timely webcast focuses on how CPAs can advise
clients and expedite their financial recovery during natural and personal disasters.
WATCH THE REPLAY