November 2018 | #TXCPAService
TSCPA and its' Young CPAs and Emerging Professionals Committee for TSCPA are hosting the statewide CPA Month of Service during November 2018. This month of volunteer service represents the CPA profession’s ongoing commitment to serving the communities where its professionals live and work.
CPA Month of Service is a flexible opportunity for you to help those in your community by participating in a volunteer activity of your choice. Register as an individual, get a group together in your firm or company, or volunteer with your TSCPA chapter. Commit to a several days of volunteering, or just a few hours-it’s up to you!
Volunteering is as easy as 1-2-3:
1) Check out what the TSCPA chapters have planned in your area during November, or choose a community organization to help and contact them to make arrangements to volunteer. Sample volunteer projects include:
- Cleaning up your neighborhood park
- Planting flowers at a retirement center
- Collecting food for a homeless shelter
- Assembling care packages for deployed troops
- Walking dogs at an animal shelter
- Serving lunch at a soup kitchen
- Assisting a charity fundraising event
- ANY volunteer activity of your choice!
- See 2017 chapter service projects
2) Register your volunteer activity plans for November here. Let TSCPA know about your plans by October 31, and you'll be entered in a drawing to win a $50 AMEX gift card!
3) Roll up your sleeves during the month of November! Remember to keep TSCPA in the loop on social media. Share pictures and video, and be sure to include the hashtag #TXCPAService. We want to know all about your experiences!
Sign up today to be a part of this year's event. We’re looking forward to seeing how CPAs give back to their communities!
If you have any questions, please contact Catherine Raffetto at email@example.com or (800) 428-0272, ext. 216.
Commit to service all year. Even if you find yourself unable to participate in the CPA Month of Service, you can still make a meaningful impact on your community by volunteering with TSCPA. Visit the TSCPA Volunteer Community for more volunteer opportunities, pick a program that fits your schedule and get involved today.