Assist Senior Management with the financial affairs of the organization including the preparation of monthly financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) with supporting schedules for two entities in accordance with GAAP, monthly budget versus actual analyses and other analyses and work product as required. Understand and adhere to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements for the organization. Coordinate and communicate with Finance department in Tel Aviv, Israel.
If interested, send resume to: email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Management of the Accounting Department personnel overseeing day to day processes
- Provide cross training to Accounting Department staff to provide redundancy in all aspects of the Accounting Department functionality.
- Implement and maintain AMS accounting functionality.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
- Adhere to controls set forth for all SOX compliance.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Assist in preparation of budgets.
- Assist in providing data and schedules for the Company’s financial audits with external accounting firms.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Review company financial statements for accuracy and clarity.
- Perform budget versus actual analysis on a monthly basis.
- Prepare cash balance reports on a daily basis.
- Reviews and approves all accounts payable, i.e., verifies that the payables comply with company policy and SOX compliance.
- Monitors delinquent A/R.
- Prepares vendor analysis reports.
- Monitors Subscriber activities including unearned commissions, E&O insurance and DOI complaints.
- Communicates with company’s bank representatives regarding the initiation and monitoring of cash accounts, trust accounts and checking accounts.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget for equipment expenditures and tracks budget variances.
- Reviews equipment capital requests and, once approved, prepares the check.
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Assist in ensuring corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department to ensure the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports, processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance, processing of accounts receivable including billings, cash receipts application, funding service management which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Help in such things as interviewing, hiring and training accounting employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Should have 5-7 years’ experience in all aspects of accounting; strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Strong management experience, leadership and directing skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare timely reports.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must look for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strong understanding of GAAP
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- 5+ years insurance industry accounting experience
- 5+ years of hands-on accounting managerial experience