Spark Job Description
President & CEO
Pivotal role for young and growing organization. Candidate will manage logistics for a small office and handle the bookkeeping for the organization. Accounting experience is required. Must be a team player with great energy who can wear many hats and help implement systems to support growth.
- Process all accounts receivables and accounts payable, accurate recording of same into QuickBooks and SalesForce as required
- Prepare and make all bank deposits
- Maintain monthly bank statements, POS system, PayPal and credit card reconciliation
- Conduct basic payroll functions including setting up new employees and health care deductions, run payroll 2x monthly
- Monitor POS usage, sales, reporting and employee accuracy
- Prepare and submit sales tax payable, quarterly
- Prepare financial reports, reviewing and reconciling accounts, preparing inventory and cost analysis
- Ability to close and finalize financial statements.
- Monitor cash position and grants reporting
- Serves as staff liaison to Finance & Audit committee, pulling and preparing all reports required by committee
- Oversees inventory of gift shop and concession stand at least annually or as needed
- Manage staff and Board events and meetings
- Maintain supplies in office and breakroom
- Responsible for daily mail outgoing and incoming
- Enhances organization by exploring opportunities to add value to job.
- Timeliness and accuracy of reports for CEO, staff, Finance committee and Board of Directors
- Accurate and timely reporting of grant tracking
- Smooth execution of payroll and appropriate deductions
- Accurate reporting and balancing of inventory POS sales
- Timeliness of quarterly and year-end closes including 1099s and compilation of materials for audit
- Smooth execution of Board meetings and staff functions
- Support of Board Chair, onboarding and tracking of member contributions
- Manages office to support staff work environment
- A Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of general ledger, accounting, and supervisory experience
- Basic knowledge of financial transactions and bookkeeping for nonprofit organizations
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Unfaltering attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Strong computer skills including experience with QuickBooks and Excel (Salesforce experience a plus)
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Unquestioned personal integrity, credibility, maturity, and work ethic.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org