Zachry Group is seeking a Payroll Tax Accountant I for its Corporate Office in San Antonio, Texas. To be considered, all applicants must apply directly at: www.1800jobusa.com
The successful candidate will assist the Payroll Manager in the effective day-to-day administration of the payroll tax process including but, not limited to the coordination of tax funding, review of payroll tax returns, quarterly tax reconciliations, W2 reconciliations, shadow payrolls for expatriate employees as well as preparation of required reports and general ledger account information for the Financial Accounting Department.
- All Payroll Tax activities, including but not limited to the Quarterly and Annual Payroll Tax Processes
- Reconciliation and Reporting of Payroll Data to internal departments and external vendors/taxing agencies
- Performing Special Payrolls and 401(k) related administration
- HRIS System testing and other projects as assigned
- Coordination of tax returns and tax reporting for all expatriate employees
- Liaison with ADP and other third party vendors, including the vendor for expatriate employee tax returns
- Customer-friendly contact for employees with payroll tax questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 1 to 3 years related work experience
- Experience in Accounting, General Ledger Account reconciliation, Payroll Tax calculations, Payroll Tax Vendor administration
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Values ethics, professionalism, and maintains confidentiality
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Shadow payroll and Expatriate employees experience
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- General knowledge of, or experience working in, the Industrial Construction industry
You be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Occasionally you may be required to work in an industrial location and may adhere to extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms may occasionally go off. Ability to visually focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. While on an industrial site you will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Work will be in a general office environment operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less. Occasionally you may be required to work in an industrial location where weather can range from warm to extremely and hot and unusually dry. Sand and dust clouds may be frequent. Noise levels will be moderate to high. An industrial location will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles that contribute to noise levels.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Payroll Tax Accountant I position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com
for more information.
- Meaningful Work
- Team–Based Culture
- Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.