July 13, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Non Member: $245
The Uniform Guidance replaced (8) OMB Circulars for all types of recipients of Federal grants and cooperative agreements. The transition period from the OMB Circulars to the Uniform Guidance is nearly over. Now is time to fully understand the implications of the new rules as it impacts your organization so that you will be compliant.
This all day course will provide you with 8 hours of the important Yellow Book credit.
Over the course of a day you will:
(First half of the day)
1. Be introduced to the Uniform Guidance, the Joint Interim Rule and agency deviations, the applicability and effective dates, and the role of the COFAR and their FAQs.
2. Obtain a comprehensive understanding of Subparts C & D, the compliance aspects of the pre and post-award requirements like the new procurement rules and the new section on sub-recipient monitoring.
3. Participate in a practical exercise in preparing a grant application budget and budget narrative.
(The second half of the day will be devoted to Subpart E - Cost Principles)
4. Understand what happens to indirect rates under the new rules.
5. Participate in an exercise to build an indirect rate for a nonprofit that has Federal awards.
6. Cover the 55 cost principles, by categorizing them in a list as allowable or unallowable, what has changed with time reporting, and other cost principles that most people use in their every day efforts.