July 13 - 14, 2017
8:30am - 4:30pm
MCM Elegante - Odessa
Non Member: $495
Mr. Steven J. Tillinger, CPA
who should attend
Tax practitioners, whether working in public accounting or in private industry, who need to understand the federal income taxation of S Corporations.
To review the rules on the federal income taxation of S Corporation and to provide an update of recent developments. To review the tax rules affecting the formation and operation of an S Corporation. To update the tax practitioner on recent developments in federal income taxation of S Corporations. To recognize planning opportunities due to changes in federal income tax law. To prepare the tax practitioner for discussions with clients on important issues in this area of law. To help the tax practitioner understand their reporting responsibilities.
• Legislative Update;
• Tax Considerations in Electing S Corporation Status
• Comparisons to Other Business Entities
• Requirements to be an S Corporation
• Filing an S Corporation Election
• Taxation of S Corporations’ Shareholders: Pass-Through and Allocation Principles Taxation of S Corporation’ Shareholders: Tangible Property Regulations; Self-Employment Tax Issues; Medicare Contribution Tax Issues; Basis and Other Limitations on Losses; When a C Corporation Elects S Status; Accounting Methods; Distributions and the Accumulated Adjustments Account.
• Taxation of S Corporations: Termination of the S Election.
No advanced preparation is necessary. Some basic knowledge of S Corporation taxation and some tax preparation experience would be helpful.