Exclusive Premier Sponsor:
Get the details: View brochure.
TSCPA's convenient one-day Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Conference provides an opportunity to learn about recent regulatory updates from the Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service.
The conference will provide updates on accounting and auditing standards in addition to helpful tools to assist you in maintaining your edge and delivery on expectations to your clients.
Lastly, gain insight from a panel of experts in a Q&A session at the end of the day you won't want to miss.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- What's on the Horizon at the Department of Labor
- Employee Benefit Plan Auditing and Accouting Update
- Legal developments under ERISA affecting retirement plans
- Retirement Plan Corrections: To Correct or Not to Correct
- Plan Mergers, Spin-Offs, Freezes and Terminations
GET THE DETAILS:
8:00am - Breakfast & Registration
8:30am - What’s on the Horizon at the Department of Labor - Marcus Aron/Senior Auditor at U.S. Department of Labor/Employee Benefits Security Administration/U.S. Department of Labor/Washington, D.C.
Learn the latest news and updates from the DOL. Discuss the current EBSA audit quality and other current regulatory and compliance initiatives.
10:00am - Employee Benefit Plan Auditing and Accounting Update - Rance Buss, CPA/Partner/Employee Benefit Plan Services/Weaver LLP
This session will cover emerging practice issues, as well as, current accounting, auditing, and reporting developments impacting your employee benefit plan audits. This will include discussions of the following areas:
11:00am - Legal developments under ERISA affecting retirement plans - Lori T. Oliphant,/Shareholder/Winstead PC
- Debrief accounting and auditing issues that affected the 2016 audits of employee benefit plans
- Recognize accounting and auditing considerations for the 2017 audits
- Understand topics that are on the horizon
The session will cover the top developments under ERISA during the last 12 months. We will also discuss effective strategies for addressing applicable changes in form or operation of retirement plans resulting from these legal changes.
12:20pm - Networking Lunch
12:50pm - Investments Refresher: Proper Identification and Disclosure Tips - Operations Retirement Practice Leader/Qualified Plan Advisors - Rick Krueger, CPA/Director/CliftonLarsonAllen LLP and Robert Massa/Managing Director, Houston Operations Retirement Practice Leader/Qualified Plan Advisors
Over the past few years, we have seen three trends significantly impact investments within employee benefit plans: (i) a drive toward greater transparency and lower fees by regulators,
(ii) increased financial reporting and disclosure requirements,
(iii) and industry developments that result in plan sponsors adjusting the types of investments held.
This session will provide practical tips about how plan sponsors are adapting to external forces, the impact on annual reporting, and the impact on the financial statement audit from both the plan sponsor and auditor perspectives.
2:20pm - Retirement Plan Corrections: To Correct or Not to Correct - Patrick Blanchard/Managing Director/Alvarez & Marsal Taxand, LLC and Rance Buss, CPA/Partner/Employee Benefit Plan Services/Weaver LLP
We quite frequently run into various operational errors during our plan audits. This session will provide an overview of the most common errors and the various ways they can be corrected:
3:10pm - Plan Mergers, Spin-Offs, Freezes and Terminations - Aracely Rios, CPA/Partner/Employee Benefit Plan Services/Weaver LLP and Kerri Franz, CPA/Sr. Manager/Employee Benefit Plan Services/Weaver LLP
- What should be corrected and when/how to correct it
- Employer case studies to provide common errors detected during audits
- Updates on the correction plans offered by the IRS and DOL
Corporate transactions can take a variety of forms, including stock sales, assets sales, mergers, spin-offs and bankruptcies. This session focuses on audit considerations applicable to qualified retirement plans affected by such transactions including:
4:10pm - Q&A - All Speakers Panel
- The characteristics of Mergers, Spin-Offs, Freezes and Terminations
- Proper accounting presentation
- Suggested auditing procedures
4:30pm - Adjourn
WEBCAST ALSO AVAILABLE: Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Conference Webcast Link
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Auditors providing employee benefit audit and accounting services, benefit plan Administrators and employees of companies with responsibility for accounting and reporting for plan benefits.
CPE HOURS: 8 Hours (Based on Attendance)
- Early Bird - Early bird registrants will enjoy $50 savings - just be sure to register before June 13
- 20% discount - the first TSCPA member registrant from a firm or company at full price, all other TSCPA members from the same firm or company at $236 Early Bird/$276 Standard. To qualify for the discounts, registrations must be submitted together. Webcast registrations are not eligible for the 20% discount.
Crowne Plaza Dallas Near Galleria-Addison
14315 Midway Rd, Addison, TX 75001 | Hotel reservations | Hotel cut-off: June 5, 2018
Phone: (972) 980-8877
Room Rate: $109 + tax
Hotel Cut-Off-Date: June 5, 2018 or when block fills
Cancellations received less than five business days prior to the program start date are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Substitutions will be allowed until the start time of the program at no charge by calling 800-428-0272 or 972-687-8500 ext 1. NO SHOWS WILL FORFEIT THE ENTIRE REGISTRATION FEE.
CPE InfoLine: 800-428-0272 or 972-687-8500 in Dallas | E-mail Customer Service