E-mail CPE Customer Service
CPE InfoLine: 800-428-0272 or 972-687-8500 in Dallas (Select Option 1)
The CPE InfoLine is answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our customer service team can assist you with all CPE questions, including course prices, dates, times, locations, formats, cancellations, space availability, self-study programs and corporate sales.
1. What is the TSCPA CPE Foundation’s sponsor ID number?
TSCPA’s sponsor ID number is 260. Chapter IDs: Austin 265, Brazos Valley 436, Central Texas 739, Corpus Christi 384, Dallas 441, East Texas 269, El Paso 385, Houston 94, Permian Basin 389, Rio Grande Valley 1283, San Antonio 266, South Plains 387, Southeast Texas 536, Victoria 326, Wichita Falls 535.
2. How long does is take TSCPA to process a refund?
Refunds usually take 2 to 3 weeks to process. If you have not received your refund within 3 weeks, contact the CPE department.
3. How do I obtain approval for sponsoring a continuing education program?
The Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) in Austin is the approving authority for establishing one as a sponsor of educational programs. Please call TSBPA at 512-305-7800.
4. I have a program that I would like to offer for continuing education credit.
The Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) is the approving authority for continuing education programs in Texas. Please call TSBPA at 512-305-7800.
5. Is there a grace period for meeting the CPE requirement (including ethics) for a new license?
The Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) is the governing authority for CPA license requirements. Please call TSBPA at 512-305-7800.
6. I attended a course not sponsored by the TSCPA. Can I receive CE credit for attending the program?
Contact the Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) at 512-305-7800 for sponsor CE provider information.
7. What is the mandated ethics requirement?
Effective Jan. 1, 2005, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy ethics rules require licensees to take a four-hour board-approved ethics course every two years. Licensees shall report completion of the course on the annual license renewal notice at least every second year.
Read the Ethics CPE rules.
All course material will be available electronically 48 business hours prior to the CPE seminar start date.
Please print or download the handouts prior to your arrival. Hard copies will not be provided onsite.
PDF to iPad Instructions
8. How do e-materials work?
Registrants will be able to access and download the materials by clicking the e-material link that will be emailed to registrants 48 business hours prior to the program.
9. What do I need to prepare prior to arriving at the program?
Access the materials for all your courses by going to the e-material link that will be provided two business days prior to the program. Print or download your materials prior to your arrival and view them on your device of choice. Bring your laptop, tablet, or e-reader to the course with your pre-loaded materials (Internet access may not be available at all facilities). As a reminder course material can be added to your tablets bookshelf. Please make sure your equipment is fully charged. TSCPA will provide a limited number electricity outlets on a first-come, first-serve basis.
10. How do I download the material to my device?
Click on the link found at the top right of this page for instructions on downloading the material.
11. Can I share the materials with others?
The copyrighted file is only to be accessed by registrants. Unauthorized distribution is prohibited and will be treated as an ethics violation.
12. Who can I call if I’m having trouble downloading materials?
Contact the CPE department at 800.428.0272 and select Option 1 for assistance.
13. Are courses offered by e-materials only or can we purchase a hard copy?
All courses are offered with e-materials only.
14.What is your E-Material Cancellation Policy?
Once e-materials have been downloaded, refunds or credit will not be given and registrant is responsible for full balance of course.
15. What are the advantages of e-materials?
- Materials are available in advance. Download PDF’s to your laptop, tablet or other device 48 hours before the event.
- Searchable - Save time by jumping right to a subject. No more flipping through pages!
- Portable - Unload your material to the cloud or save to a flash drive to access anywhere.
- Green - Help preserve our beautiful planet by saving paper.