E-mail CPE Customer Service
CPE InfoLine: 800-428-0272 or 972-687-8500 in Dallas (Select Option 1)
The CPE InfoLine is answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our customer service team can assist you with all CPE questions, including course prices, dates, times, locations, formats, cancellations, space availability, self-study programs and corporate sales.
1. What is the TSCPA CPE Foundation’s sponsor ID number?
TSCPA’s sponsor ID number is 260. Chapter IDs: Austin 265, Brazos Valley 436, Central Texas 739, Corpus Christi 384, Dallas 441, East Texas 269, El Paso 385, Houston 94, Permian Basin 389, Rio Grande Valley 1283, San Antonio 266, South Plains 387, Southeast Texas 536, Victoria 326, Wichita Falls 535.
2. How long does is take TSCPA to process a refund?
Refunds usually take 2 to 3 weeks to process. If you have not received your refund within 3 weeks, contact the CPE department.
3. How do I obtain approval for sponsoring a continuing education program?
The Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) in Austin is the approving authority for establishing one as a sponsor of educational programs. Please call TSBPA at 512-305-7800.
4. I have a program that I would like to offer for continuing education credit.
The Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) is the approving authority for continuing education programs in Texas. Please call TSBPA at 512-305-7800.
5. Is there a grace period for meeting the CPE requirement (including ethics) for a new license?
The Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) is the governing authority for CPA license requirements. Please call TSBPA at 512-305-7800.
6. I attended a course not sponsored by the TSCPA. Can I receive CE credit for attending the program?
Contact the Texas State Board of Public Accountants (TSBPA) at 512-305-7800 for sponsor CE provider information.
7. What is the mandated ethics requirement?
Effective Jan. 1, 2005, the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy ethics rules require licensees to take a four-hour board-approved ethics course every two years. Licensees shall report completion of the course on the annual license renewal notice at least every second year.
Read the Ethics CPE rules.