Peer Review Extension Options
The impact of COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines has impacted how our CPA firms do business at many levels.
If your firm’s peer review is due prior to September 30, the firm may be eligible for an extension on the firm’s upcoming Peer Review due date
TXCPA Contact Information
800-428-0272 or 972-687-8500 (option 2)
Extension Request for Peer Review Due Date
Please note that the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (TSBPA) requires notice of extensions, so you should notify it when an extension is granted by sending it a copy of the extension letter. Email the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Daniel Weaver, Licensing/Peer Review/CPE, TSBPA.
Alternatively, you can grant TSBPA access to your firm’s extension letter by opting in to sharing peer review information through PRIMA (find instructions below).
Note: Your reviewer may need to update the commencement, exit conference and closing meeting dates in PRIMA to avoid overdue notices.
To Request an Extension of Your Firm’s Review Due Date
1. Click For Firms.
2. Click Request Extension/PR Year End Change.
3. Locate the appropriate firm and click Request Extension/PR Year End Change.
4. Under Request Category, select Extension of Review due date. Click Next.
5. Under Requested New Review Due Date, select a new due date.
6. Under Review Date Change Reason, select a reason.
7. Enter Required written explanation. Click Next.
8. Click "+" to Add Document.
9. Click Select File(s) to navigate to supporting documentation within your computer. Once the document(s) are selected, click Open.
10. Select Support for Extension from the Document Type. Click Attach.
11. Click Submit.
The request will be sent to the Administering Entity for approval.
Requesting Extension for COA or IMP through Firm Self-Service
Please note that the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (TSBPA) requires advance notice of extensions, so you should notify it when an extension is granted.
You can grant the State Board access to your firm’s extension letter through PRIMA.
To request an extension for a corrective action or implementation plan
1. Click For Firms.
2. Click Request COA/IMP Due Date Extension.
3. Click COA/IMP Due Date Extension. Note: Click View History to view your firm's extension request history.
4. View your firm information and Instructions.
5. Select the Corrective Action or Implementation Plan you want to request an extension for. In this article, we are showing a corrective action, but the process is the same for implementation plans.
Note: If you want to request an extension on multiple corrective actions or implementation plans, you will need to submit a request for each change
6. Under the Requested New COA/IMP Due Date section, enter in or use the calendar icon to select the requested due date.
7. Provide a written explanation in the comments box for the requested due date. Click Next.
8. Click the Plus (+) icon under Firm Documents to upload any applicable documentation for your request. This step is optional.
9. Upload your file by clicking Select File and then click Attach. See the Uploading Documents in PRIMA article for detailed instructions on how to upload documents.
10. Once you are ready, click Submit to send the request to your administering entity for review.
Note: If you close out of the case before submitting, you can access the case from the Action Items section of your PRIMA home page.
• Your extension request will go to your administering entity for approval. It may also need to go to a Report Acceptance Body (RAB) for approval.
• Your request may be approved as requested or it may be altered (a shorter or longer extension granted).
• You will be notified by an Important Information email from PRIMA when a letter is issued to your Letters area of PRIMA.
• Any approved changes in due date will flow through to your corrective action case.
Opting in or out of Sharing Peer Review Information
The Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (TSBPA) requires firms undergoing peer review to report the results of the peer review to it.
This information includes the peer review report, letter of response, if applicable, and acceptance letter after the review has been accepted. Currently, firms provide this information via an AICPA-secured, state board/licensing body website. The process is referred to as Peer Review Facilitated State Board Access (FSBA).
A firm may provide additional information to TSBPA by opting in to sharing peer review information, including enrollment, scheduling information and information regarding extensions. By opting in, this information will be provided to the firm’s home state board of accountancy and any state the firm has expanded access to.
If you have not participated in sharing the additional peer review information or you would like to change your selection to stop sharing peer review information, Log in to PRIMA and perform the following steps.
(PRIMA support: Email Support | 919-402-4502)
1. Click For Firms.
2. Click Opt-in/Out: Sharing PR Info.
3. Locate the appropriate firm and click Sharing PR Info.
4. To change the opt-in or opt-out status, click Change. After clicking Change on the above buttons, the current status is updated to Opt-in. To change to Opt-out, click the Change buttons again.
If your Change button is disabled, take your mouse and hover over the button to find out why - a pop up message will appear with the reason. The Change button can be disabled for two reasons: 1) you have an open scheduling case or 2) you did not participate in FSBA or your state does not participate in FSBA.
If you have an open scheduling case and the scheduling case is in your action items, you can update your sharing peer review information selections in the scheduling case itself.
If the scheduling case is not currently assigned to you, you will need to wait to update your selections until the scheduling case has been approved. Once approved, you can update through the For Firms self-service.
5. Click Submit once you have updated your selections.