Oct. 5, 2017
Gov. Greg Abbott completed his appointments to the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. The Public Accountancy Act provides for 15 Board members appointed by the governor, with the advice and consent of the Texas Senate, for six-year staggered terms.
The following appointments were made for terms expiring January 31, 2023:
* Manuel "Manny" Cavazos, IV, Esq., CPA-Austin will serve as presiding officer of the Board
* Lisa A. Friel, CPA-San Antonio (managing partner, EY San Antonio)
* James D. "Jim" Ingram, IV, CPA-College Station (shareholder - Ingram, Wallis & Co., P.C.)
Public members of the Board for terms expiring January 31, 2023:
Jamie D. Grant-Arlington (Jamie D. Grant Wealth Management Group)
Debra S. Sharp-Houston (owner – SCI, Inc. - ERISA Consulting)
The following individuals have terms that have expired and their service as a member of the Board is complete:
* J. Coalter Baker, CPA-Austin who served as presiding officer of the Board
Jonathan Ballenger Cluck-Fair Oaks Ranch
* John Richard Broaddus, CPA-El Paso
* Rocky Lynn Duckworth, CPA-Houston
Phillip W. "Phil" Worley – Hebbronville
We look forward to welcoming these new board members and expressing thanks to those who have served the Board and the profession.
View a list of the current TSBPA Board.
* TSCPA member